I mentioned in my last post that I am revamping some old routines for my solo show, and I just made a new costume for my routine “Luck Be A Lady”. I first performed this routine in 2010 at the first Miss Burlesque SA competition. I performed it for a while but the costume pretty much fell apart – probably because I made it primarily with a hot glue gun and a stapler!
After the costume fell apart I kept meaning to remake it, but just never got around to it. So the act sat in pieces in the back of my wardrobe. I recently decided I wanted to pull it out again, so I set about to make a whole new costume.
The first costume I made had a tutu covered with cards, which was pretty cool but a bit impractical really and I was never happy with how it turned out, so I decided to go a different direction with a poofy tulle skirt!
I had fun painting the fabric – it was actually the first time I had done stencilling. I think I’m hooked!
I haven’t got a picture of the full costume yet, but if you want to see it in action stay tuned! I’ll be releasing the details of my show very soon! Eeep! Just quietly I’m freaking out a bit. 😉
See you next time!