Today I wrote a list of all the things I need to do this weekend:
- The dreaded T-word……..TAX
- Chuck out the gross food in the bottom of my fridge
- Properly file away the 629 icons on my laptop desktop
- Sort through a box of miscellaneous crap under my desk
- Clean the hair out of my bath drain – makes me want to cut all my hair off again
- Put all the DVDs back in their correct cases
- Clear out the props from Adultish out of the back of my car….yep they’re still there.
Nothing in that list particularly inspires me. So here’s the list of things I want to do:
- Play my ukulele
- Flip through my fancy cookbooks whilst stuffing takeout in my face
- Go to brunch and observe the local hipsters
- Do something exciting and scary, like busking or an improv class
- Pick out a quilting pattern – my Nanna is going to help me make my first one!
- Kiss my husband and hug my friends
These are the things I NEED to do, because these are the things that make a life. I also need to add “write philosophical crap” to the list.